Today, I hit my breaking point.
You know the days when everything feels wrong? That was today. Today I felt like I was a stranger in my own body, with no control over what happened to me. This isn't just about weight loss; it's about reclaiming my body, my sense of self and my life. Today I begin a 12-week journey that I will stick to – no matter what.
I'm a 23 year-old female, a graduate of the University of Toronto, a young professional, an editor, a reader, a writer, an athlete, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a cousin, a niece, a granddaughter, and a partner.
I suffered a knee injury in the spring which has left me overweight, and I am determined to change that.
Food & Drink:
· Eat five meals a day, balanced with protein, complex carbohydrates, veggies and fruits
· Drink 3 litres of water a day
· Eat only one refined carb per day (1 slice of whole grain toast)
· Be allowed one cheat day a week where I can relax on the "I will not" list
I will not…
· Drink alcohol (sigh), coffee (SOB), or pop
· Eat anything processed
· Overdo it on my cheat days
· Work out five days a week, aiming for six
· Weight train twice a week
· Do cardio three times a week
· Do yoga one day a week
· Put in 110% (just for you, baby) effort into these workouts
I will not…
· Use my bad knee as a excuse
· Weigh and measure in every Monday
· Take progress photos on the first Monday of every month
· Stick to my financial budget, because money stress = FAT ME
· Take the supplements that keep my thyroid happy, and me less certifiable
Let's see how drastically I can change my life.