Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Be Vewry Vewry Qwuiet

You may have noticed that I haven't mentioned my knee lately.
SHHHH!!! It'll hear you! It can sense weakness.
It's actually been holding up pretty well (*knocks on every available surface*) which my awesome RMT thinks is because my hamstrings are getting stronger, thus keeping my knee in line. So it turns out I was right – running is both the cause of, and answer to, my knee problem.
In other training news, I've found that my distance runs (or runs I do as the second half of a brick workout) come with what I can best describe as joint pain in my knees. Now I feel old. Thanks a lot, training. Yesterday I did 19km on a stationary bike followed by a 5km run. I felt really good (except for the joint pain) and I'm hoping the weather will hold/I can trick my bike back into rideable shape so I can try out the bike tri course this afternoon.
On a completely unrelated note, I need a cup of coffee. I learned today that making bad coffee stronger does not make it better. Who knew?
P.S. Since I've sort of been phoning in these posts, here's a link to something awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment