Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Random Act of Kindness # 6

Hello fellow Resolutionaries!   Viva la Resolucion!

So I'm back.  School is done for the semester, so it's time to catch up on some long overdue  sleep   food that doesn't say "easy" or "minute" on it   writing. 

Rest assured, I have been racking up the good deeds.  I am so getting canonized (the Vatican's just catching up with the paperwork).

For my latest hobby (read: procrastination tactic) I've taken up origami.  Which, by the way, is awesome.  Right up until you realize you just folded your title page into a crane.

So while I was "working" in the coffee shop, I took a break (from reading Penny Arcade) to make an origami flower.  The youtube video says it takes five minutes.  Mine took forty-five minutes.

As it turns out, I have the dexterity of a two year old.  Who knew?

Thoroughly absorbed in the task I hardly noticed that I'd gained somewhat of an audience (seriously, I was staring at this piece of paper like I was trying to melt it with my eyes).  Evidently the mother and child beside me were thoroughly fascinated by my efforts.

They made a game of guessing what I was trying to make.  Turns out the kid guessed flower.  On like the third fold.  Because, clearly, she's a witch

So when I finished, I gave it to her.  So she wouldn't hex me.

And it made her day.


Besides, the last thing I needed was physical proof of my procrastination.

No comments:

Post a Comment